These sticky, spicy, moreish bao buns by Chris Baber and M&S are a great way to transform the flavour of your leftover turkey. Tuck in with the family while you watch a festive film.
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- Small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 500g leftover cooked turkey, shredded
- 1 tbsp five spice
- 5 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 12 M&S mini bao buns
- Add the spring onions, cucumber and chilli to a bowl with a squeeze of lime and a drizzle of sesame oil and toss together. Set aside to marinate.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Stir-fry the turkey for a few minutes until it’s beginning to crisp.
- Add the five spice and a splash of water to loosen. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until piping hot.
- Add the hoisin sauce, toss together and heat through for another 2 minutes.
Heat the buns according to the packet instructions. Spoon sticky turkey into the buns and top with the crunchy salad.
Find more Christmas inspiration on the M&S food hub.