Coffee stout takes on the characteristics of fortified wine in some recipes and makes the perfect addition to the classic tiramisu recipe!
For the base:
- 100g Savoiardi biscuits
- 100ml good Chocolate Stout or Porter with a fairly high ABV
For the cream:
- 50ml Chocolate Stout or Porter (as above)
- 125g mascarpone
- 250ml double cream
- 1 orange, zest
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
For the ganache:
- 75g chocolate (70% dark chocolate)
- 15g butter
- 1 tbsp Chocolate Stout or Porter (as above)
- 100ml double cream
For the garnish:
This seems complicated, but all you're doing is making the layers for a tiramisu! Make each stage in a separate bowl, and then layer them into a glass dish.
- Soak the finger biscuits in the Stout/Porter.
- Whip up all the cream ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Put all the ganache ingredients, except the cream, in a heatproof bowl.
- Bring the cream to the boil in a separate pan and pour over the other ganache ingredients. Mix well into a thick chocolate sauce consistency.
- Layer into a dish with sponge at the bottom, then cream, then ganache - do this as many times as you can. Then dust with a generous amount of cocoa and a pinch of orange zest.
Get your Just Add Beer Sharp's gift set here - order by Friday 18th December for deliveries in time for Christmas.