It's hard to imagine that you might end up with leftover panettone but sometimes it happens! When the times comes, rustle up this deliciously indulgent take on bread and butter pudding recipe by M&S with the leftovers.
- Butter, for greasing
- 1/2 panettone, torn into chunks
- 3 eggs
- 60g caster sugar
- 200ml milk
- 500ml double cream
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Fresh berries, melted chocolate and whipped cream, to serve
- Butter an ovenproof dish then arrange the panettone chunks in a single layer in the dish.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, milk and cream.
- Pour the custard over the panettone, then bake in a preheated oven at 160ºC/140º fan/gas mark 3 for 35 minutes, until the custard is just set.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with berries, melted chocolate and cream.
Find more Christmas recipe inspiration on the M&S food hub.