The Big Feastival (the “Event”)
Event Terms and Conditions
A. GENERAL TERMS
1. The Event, held within the grounds of Alex James’ Farm, Kingham, Oxfordshire, OX7 6UJ (“Venue”) is organised and managed by International Management Group (UK) Limited (“Organiser”), a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 03827071 and with registered office at Building 6, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5HR.
2. Visitors can attend the Event either with: (a) a general admission single day ticket (“Day Ticket”); (b) a general admission weekend ticket (“Weekend Ticket”), or (c) a camping package which includes weekend admission (“Camping Ticket”) (each of Day Ticket, Weekend Ticket, and Camping Ticket an “Event Ticket” and together the “Event Tickets”).
3. A valid Event Ticket entitles the holder to attend the Event on the date(s) and at the time(s) stated on the Event Ticket.
4. Notwithstanding the means by which a visitor holds an Event Ticket, the General Terms, Entry Conditions, and Refund Terms (to the extent set out therein) apply to all visitors attending the Event. The Camping Ticket Terms shall also apply to each and every visitor who holds a Camping Ticket and/or who camps at and/or accesses the campsite within the Venue (the “Campsite”).
8. The Organiser expressly reserves the right to amend these Event Terms and Conditions (or any part thereof) from time to time.
9. These Event Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and those bound by them hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in connection therewith.
10. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these Event Terms and Conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected. If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision of this Agreement would be valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision shall apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable.
B. ENTRY CONDITIONS
Event Tickets and Admission
1. There shall be no admittance to the Event without a valid Event Ticket.
2. All holders of an Event Ticket agree to be bound by these Entry Conditions, those as detailed on the Event Ticket, and such other terms as are drawn to the attention of visitors by the Organiser and/or by any third party seller of Event Tickets (as applicable).
3. Where a visitor camps at and/or accesses the Campsite, the Camping Ticket Terms shall also apply.
4. It is the Event Ticket holder’s responsibility to check his or her Event Ticket(s), as mistakes cannot always be rectified and the Organiser shall not be responsible for any incorrect Event Tickets.
5. Event Tickets may not be used as prizes in competitions, “give-aways” or a lottery without the prior written consent of the Organiser in its sole discretion.
6. Event Tickets must not be resold, exchanged, transferred, altered or defaced. Any such action shall render the Event Ticket(s) void (and any individual with such an Event Ticket may be refused entry or removed from the Event in Organiser’s sole discretion).
7. The Organiser shall not be responsible for any lost or stolen Event Tickets.
8. All Event Ticket sales are final and unless otherwise stated herein (or in any Third Party Terms, if applicable), no refunds, cancellations or exchanges are available after an Event Ticket has been purchased.
9. Event Tickets shall remain the property of the Organiser who reserves the right to recall any Event Ticket at any time.
10. Without prejudice to the Refund Terms and any Third Party Terms (if applicable), Event Tickets are non-refundable and are issued subject to the Organiser’s right to alter or vary the Event due to events or circumstances beyond its reasonable control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange Event Tickets. It is the responsibility of the Event Ticket holder to ascertain the date, time and venue of any rearranged staging of the Event.
11. Proof of age may be required from anyone attending the Event and visitors may be required to provide photographic identification (“ID”) on request. Failure to provide valid ID on request may result in visitor being refused admission or being asked to leave the Event (as applicable). If a visitor looks under 25 they may be asked for proof of age when they attempt to buy alcohol at the Event.
12. All visitors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times and are not permitted to buy or consume alcohol at the Event.
13. Organiser reserves the rights to refuse admission to the Event to anyone who does not have a valid Event Ticket (including those which appear to be counterfeit or which have been altered and/or defaced).
1. In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all attendees, Organiser (including any third party as may be nominated by the Organiser) reserves the right in its absolute discretion to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit to the Event (including to the Campsite) and to confiscate items which may be illegal, cause danger and/or disruption to the Event or other visitors, or are in breach of these Entry Conditions and to refuse admission to the Event (including to the Campsite). Anyone resisting confiscation of disallowed items or disregarding these conditions will face eviction from the Venue.
2. Organiser reserves the right to:
a. evict any person from the Event (including the Campsite) who is: breaching these Entry Conditions;
b. breaching the Camping Ticket Terms;
c. committing a criminal offence;
d. behaving in a disorderly manner or in a way that has an adverse effect on public safety,
e. behaving in an anti-social manner or in a way that causes a public nuisance;
f. conducting themselves in a manner that is inappropriate to and/or compromises the safety and/or security of other visitors;
g. conducting themselves in a manner that is offensive and/or disrespectful to staff; and/or
h. under the influence of drugs and/or excessive alcohol; and/or
i. refuse alcohol to any attendee who, in Organiser’s absolute discretion, is unreasonably intoxicated and/or is behaving in an unacceptable manner;
j. evict all members of any group of persons from the Event (including the Campsite) where that group is behaving in a persistent anti-social manner.
k. In the event of an emergency, Event Ticket holders and all visitors to the Event must follow instructions and directions from stewards, staff and/or other officials.
l. The Event is an outdoor event and visitors are advised to wear appropriate clothing and footwear at all times.
m. Children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
n. All rubbish must be disposed of in the bins provided.
Prohibited Acts and Items
1. Visitors must not bring any of the following items into the Venue (including the Campsite save as set out herein): food, drink (including bottled water), glass, sharp items, drones, laser pens, and Organiser reserves the right to confiscate any such item(s) from any person entering or at the Venue (including the Campsite). Food and drink is permitted at the Campsite in accordance with the Camping Ticket Terms (below).
2. Smoking or vaping is not permitted in any indoor area(s) at the Venue (including the Campsite). Smoking is permitted outside, however this is at the discretion of the Organiser. The Event is a family event so please be considerate if you do decide to smoke or vape.
3. When purchasing alcohol at the Event, if you appear to be under the age of 25 you may be asked for valid identification that you are aged 18 or over.
4. Use of illegal substances is strictly prohibited at the Event.
5. Visitors must only use the toilets and urinals provided and must not pollute the land.
6. No animals are allowed at the Event, other than assistance dogs (such as guide dogs). If you require to bring an assistance dog with you please inform us at from email@example.com before the Event.
7. Commercial, promotional and trading activities are not permitted at the Event without express prior written permission of the Organiser. Please note that the Organiser may charge a fee for any commercial activity (including filming, photography and recording) at the Event.
Filming and Photography
1. All sound and moving or still picture rights including, without limitation, on the internet, vest exclusively with the Organiser and any material captured, filmed or recorded at the Event by any Event goer may only be used for the personal, non-profit making enjoyment of amateurs.
2. By entering the Venue (including the Campsite), visitors agree and consent to:
3. being photographed, filmed or recorded as visitors attending the Event, and to such image(s) and/or recording(s) of them being used in future marketing and promotional material for the Event and/or by the Organiser and its affiliated companies; and
4. being filmed, photographed and recorded for television, radio, webcast and other public broadcast in any medium and/or for any video or DVD as part of the audience; and/or
5. Event goers acknowledge that CCTV cameras will be in operation across the Venue (including the Campsite) for reasons of security and public interest.
6. Entrance to the Event (including the Campsite) is subject to both a prohibition on the use of photographic or filming equipment at the Event for commercial gain, without the Organiser’s prior written consent; such that:
7. a person may be denied entry to, or removed from the Event (including the Campsite) if he or she is found in possession of any equipment capable of taking photographs, making films, sound recordings or broadcasts; or if he or she takes any photograph, makes a film, sound recording or broadcast of anything occurring inside the Event for commercial gain; and
8. a person may enter the Event (including the Campsite) with equipment referred to in (a) above where it is integrated into electronic communications apparatus designed for personal private use (such as a mobile telephone) and/or a personal stills camera, but the person may still be removed in accordance with paragraph (a) above if they attempt to use this device for commercial gain.
1. Each Event-goer acknowledges that attendance at the Event (including the Campsite) is entirely at their own risk and neither the Organiser nor any of its employees, contractors, affiliated entities, or their servants or agents, shall be liable for any loss, injury or damage (to person or property) howsoever suffered by a holder of an Event Ticket, including consequential losses, save for:
2. death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Organiser, its employees, contractors or agents; and
3. any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable laws, including the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
4. Each Event goer is responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements for the Event and except as set out in the Refund Terms, Organiser shall not be liable for loss or damage of any kind whether direct or consequential, including but not limited to travel or accommodation expenses from postponement, cancellation, abandonment or curtailment of the Event and the Event Ticket holder waives all rights of whatsoever nature against Organiser, its employees, servants, agents, independent contractors or representatives arising from cancellation, abandonment or curtailment of the Event. Nothing in these Event Terms and Conditions shall exclude or restrict liability for personal injury or death due to negligence.
C. REFUND TERMS
1. The Event will operate in line with the latest government restrictions. The Operator reserves the right to cancel your Event Ticket(s) should governmental or other regulatory capacity restrictions and/or any decision of another relevant authority relating to COVID-19 be implemented nearer the Event date.
In the event of Event Ticket cancellations, the Organiser shall process refunds in accordance with all applicable Terms and Conditions relating to this Event.
2. Where an Event Ticket is purchased on this website, these Refund Terms shall apply in their entirety (in addition to the above General Terms, Entry Conditions and Camping Ticket Terms (if applicable)).
3. Where an Event Ticket is purchased via a third party ticketing platform, the Third Party Terms (as defined above) in addition to the General Terms, Entry Conditions, and Camping Ticket Terms if applicable) shall apply. Where those Third Party Terms reference the terms and conditions of the Organiser in relation to refunds, cancellation, abandonment, curtailment, postponement etc. these Refund Terms shall apply to the extent referenced therein and in the event of conflict between the Third Party Terms and these Refund Terms, the Third Party Terms shall prevail. Please contact the ticketing agent (as applicable) with questions relating to all such matters.
4. For Day Tickets: if the Event is cancelled in its entirety, you will be entitled to a full refund of the face value of the Day Ticket.
5. If the day of the Event to which your Day Ticket relates is cancelled, you will be entitled to a full refund of the face value of the Day Ticket.
6. If the day of the Event to which your Day Ticket relates is significantly curtailed, the Organiser may offer a partial refund of the face value of the Day Ticket in its sole discretion.
7. For Weekend Tickets and Camping Tickets: if the Event is cancelled in its entirety, you will be entitled to a full refund of the face value of the Weekend Ticket or Camping Ticket (as applicable).
8. If one of the Event days is cancelled, you will be entitled to a partial refund of the face value of the Weekend Ticket or Camping Ticket (as applicable).
9. If two of the Event days are cancelled, you will be entitled to a partial refund of the face value of the Weekend Ticket or Camping Ticket (as applicable).
10. If any day(s) of the Event is significantly curtailed, the Organiser may offer a partial refund of the face value of the Weekend Ticket or Camping Ticket (as applicable) in its sole discretion.
11. Save as set out in clauses 3 – 4 (above) of these Refund Terms, no other refund(s) will be given in respect of any other expenditure whatsoever in the event of Event cancellation and/or curtailment.
D. CAMPING TICKET TERMS
1. There shall be no admission to the Campsite without a valid Camping Ticket.
2. Each holder of a Camping Ticket shall be issued with a wristband allowing access to the Campsite. All members of the party must wear his/her wristband at all times.
General Campsite Guidelines
1. All persons at the Campsite must remain vigilant to fire safety in order to remain safe and to safeguard the safety of others.
2. Vehicles are not permitted within the Campsite over the weekend.
3. Pitches are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
4. You should be considerate when pitching your tent - if you take up more than a reasonable amount of space for your group, Organiser may ask you to re-pitch.
5. The following items are prohibited within the Campsite:
ii. Sound systems;
iii. Fire/Chinese lanterns;
iv. Fireworks; and
6. Please ensure your party know the location of key facilities, including First Aid, and how to gain help in the event of an emergency. If you need medical care or otherwise, please contact any steward or member of Campsite staff who can radio for assistance.
Cooking food and alcohol
1. Open fires and BBQs are not permitted within the Campsite. If there is hot, dry weather in the lead up to the Event, there may be restrictions on cooking activity in the Campsite. If this is the case, Organiser shall communicate the same to all Camping Ticket holders in advance of the Event.
2. Only purpose-built gas stoves with small gas bottles (2.2kg) may be brought into the Campsite. Spare bottles are not permitted. These permitted stoves may only be used for cooking in a designated area of the Campsite, and should not be used inside individual tents. No other LPG are permitted onsite.
3. There is a No Naked Flame policy in the Campsite. Designated areas for cooking on the small stoves will be marked across the Campsite.
4. There will be a microwave and a kettle available at each designated cooking point.
5. For all campers, a reasonable amount of alcohol per person (e.g. 1 case of beer/lager/cider or up to 1 litre of decanted spirits or wine) is permitted, to be consumed within the Campsite. All excess quantities must be left outside of the Venue.
6. Alcohol must not be brought into the Event area from the Campsite. There are fully licensed bars available at the Event.
7. No water source should be deemed as drinking water unless it is specifically labelled as such.
8. All rubbish must be disposed of in the bins provided.
Campervans and Caravans
1. A parking pass is included in the cost of any booked campervan pitch.
2. The allocated pitch size for campervans and caravans is 8m x 6m
3. Due to uneven ground in some areas, you should take precautions to ensure that your vehicle is securely stationed.
4. In the general campervan area, cars and campervans must be parked in a designated area and must not be parked alongside tents.
5. Within the disabled campervan area, cars may be parked alongside your campervan so long as it fits within your designated pitch area. Cars which do not fit within this pitch area must be moved.
6. Sleeping in cars overnight is not permitted.
7. It is strongly recommended not to bring any large Winnebago or RV style vehicles as in the event of bad weather, access for these vehicles to the Campsite cannot be guaranteed.
8. For those with caravans and trailer tents, please note that towing vehicles must be removed from the Campsite and parked in the public car park.
9. No hook ups are available for water within the Campsite. There are a limited number of electric hook ups, which must be booked in advance when you purchase your Campervan pitch.
10. Estate cars, vans and any other vehicles not designed with in-built sleeping facilities are not permitted within the Campsite.
11. An average, reasonable sized vehicle will be permitted access to the Campsite. Permission to accommodate your vehicle is entirely at the Organiser's discretion.
12. Owners of campervans should bring sufficient gas bottles in the fitted cylinders on the vehicle only. No spare bottles are permitted.
Pitching your tent
1. Make note of your location and key landmarks nearby (such as trees or signage) to help you remember how to find your tent. You could also try decorating your tent with flags. Things can look very different at night when other tents have moved and other people have arrived and set up so take your time familiarising yourself with your location.
2. Get to know your neighbours, then you can keep an eye on each other’s setups.
3. Do not leave valuables on show and split your money into various hiding places when you’re in or around your tent. Please note: all of our caterers and bars will accept contactless payment on site this year so you don’t need to carry large sums of money. Don’t leave anything valuable in your tent during the day when you are not there.