Blur bassist, Alex James, plays host to thousands of music and food lovers this summer as he welcomes them to his farm in the Cotswolds for The Big Feastival.
If you’re wondering what essential things you’ll need to get you through a weekend of camping at The Big Feastival then look no further. Alex James and his friends who are appearing at The Big Feastival this year have given their top tips on how to survive camping with kids at the nations favourite music and food festival! Check out their handy tips below…
- You’ve got to have the three most important W’s – wet wipes, wellies and whiskey!
- Keeping warm is key – pack more layers than you need, remember the waterproofs and get the kids to pack their favourite blankets and pillows for home comforts.
- Food is king; making sure you keep your little ones well fed is key to having a great time – bring snacks and suss out where the best food stalls are.
- Putting up tents can be a chore but make it fun by getting the kids involved to hold poles and crawl under the canvas to slot that last tent peg in - it will be so much easier, faster and keep the kids entertained too!
- String up some fairy lights in your tent and you’ve not only got a cool looking tent for the kids and something to placate kids who are scared of the dark – but you’ve got somewhere to aim for as you stumble back to your tent each evening!