This time of year is perfectly acceptable for all things chocolate and indulgence, so we asked Feastival Favourite Candice Brown what she likes to bake at Easter time and it's safe to say her recipe did not disappoint! Candice's Rocky Road Easter Special is perfect to make with children and helps to use up all the Easter Eggs and sweet treats you have in the house.
Makes: 12 Squares
- 200g dark chocolate, broken in pieces
- 50g milk chocolate, broken in pieces
- 100g unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 150g chocolate digestives
- 75g dried cherries
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 100g Maltesers
- 100g pink and white marshmallows
- 50g crunchy peanut butter
- 100g mixture of mini chocolate eggs*
* Candice used Galaxy Caramel, Kinder and Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Line a square tin with greaseproof paper. Leave some hanging over the edges so you can easily lift it out.
- Place the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a heatproof bowl and heat it over a pan of simmering water (making sure it isn’t touching the water). Mix well until it is melted and smooth, then remove from the heat.
- Break up the digestives into various sized pieces with a rolling pin and stir these through the Candice Brown chocolate mix. Add the cherries, cranberries, hazelnuts and Maltesers and mix.
- If you’re using mini marshmallows, fold these through the mixture. If you’re using bigger ones, cut them in half first.
- Tip the mixture into the lined tray, then dot over the crunchy peanut butter before swirling it through with a blunt knife.
- Chop some of the mini eggs in half and scatter these along with a few whole mini eggs over the top. Place in the fridge to set, then cut into 12 squares.
Be sure to take snaps of your Easter Treats and share, tagging @thebigfeastival and @candicebrown. Happy Easter!